Monday, September 02, 2019

My Recent Articles, Columns, and Appearances




My Recent Articles and TV Appearances: From Impressionists to Trump and the G7


It's been a busy few days, and I walked by Trump Tower several times on my way from 30 Rock to my pied-à-terre. At one point a stopped for a selfie there with the heavily armed NYPD. Ten years ago, when I wrote Securing the City, I never imagined so many resources would have to be deployed to protect a character like Donald Trump.
***
Whenever possible I like to break away from the news cycle to explore some corner of history—especially the history of France in the middle of the 19th century.
TRAILBLAZER
CHRISTOPHER DICKEY



But most of the last few days was taken up by the G7, with several appearances on MSNBC. This was one of the first: https://www.facebook.com/christopher.dickey/videos/10157585457571810/
Then there was the unexpected visit to Biarritz, site of the summit, by Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif:
SURPRISE!

I had to explain several times why Russia never belonged in the G8. Here with Chris Matthews and Bret Stephens on "Hardball":  https://t.co/93mPPP0yja
Wrapping up on "The 11th Hour," I suggested Trump knows the G7 club would blackball him if it could: https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/dickey-trump-treated-g7-like-a-club-he-knows-he-should-be-blackballed-from-67514949629
And published this column, which covers some of the same ground:
BLACKBALL

Copyright © 2019 Christopher Dickey, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this because you were on my personal mailing list, and this is in fact a personal account. But please do feel free to "unsubscribe."

Our mailing address is:
Christopher Dickey
555 W 18 Street
The Daily Beast
New York, New York 10011

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments: