Friday, September 27, 2013

My latest articles for the Beast about the UN, Iran, and Obama; and my last column for Newsweek

Beginning next week, Newsweek will be run by its new owners at International Business Times. I am sure that under the leadership of editor James Impoco they will turn out a brilliant magazine on the Web and on news stands in many languages in many parts of the world.

Over the last two years, I have had a great time working for both Newsweek and The Daily Beast. With its terrific mix of serious news, sharp analysis and wicked fun, the Beast is not only a vibrant publication to read, it's a very exciting place to write and report. Tina Brown may be moving on, but she did a wonderful job creating the site and infusing it with her energetic, ever-inquisitive spirit. John Avlon and Deidre Depke, who've taken the reins, are solid pros with their own brilliance. So the Beast is where I'll stay.

I'll continue to live and work in Paris and to cover a large swathe of the globe. I hope you will continue to follow me on our site -- www.thedailybeast.com -- and on social media. I will also continue to send out links to my stories, my television appearances and other publications on my personal mailing list.

My latest for the Beast:

Iran-U.S.: Great Expectations
by Christopher Dickey September 27, 2013 12:24 AM EDT
Diplomatic breakthroughs with Russia and Iran mark a turning point in the Mideast. By Christopher Dickey.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09/27/suddenly-great-expectations-for-iran-u-s-relations.html

Obama's American Exceptionalism
by Christopher Dickey September 24, 2013 01:11 PM EDT
In a speech at the United Nations, the president said America is 'exceptional' and must 'stand up for the interests of all.' By Christopher Dickey.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09/24/obama-america-is-special.html

Up to Speed on 'Hell Week'
by Christopher Dickey September 23, 2013 12:45 PM EDT
As world leaders descend on New York for the U.N. summit, three major storylines to watch.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09/23/up-to-speed-3-things-to-know-about-new-york-s-hell-week.html

and

My last Better World column for Newsweek:
Internet Troll Wars; Our Inner Geometry; Nanotube Revolution; Grade Inflation Iniquities; and Subversive Soaps

Most of my recent television appearances talking about Syria and about the Nairobi shopping mall siege are viewable at www.christopherdickey.blogspot.com

No comments: